Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

10 weeks


Wow, can definitely see a difference this week bump wise!  I officially cannot button my pants and am in the belly bands.  No bare belly pics for a while.  :)  We'll see how long they last before I have to wear maternity. Hopefully I can last a few more weeks.

 Baby is officially a fetus and out of the embryo stage.  The placenta takes over this week as well.  The nausea is supposed to be better after this takes place and that seems to be the case. It's only occasional now.  Hopefully I'll get some energy back as well.(I know Matt will be happy about that). Baby's tail has disappeared and it has discernible fingers and toes! I've been attempting to hear the heartbeat with my Angelsounds doppler, but no luck yet.  I MIGHT have heard something last night, but only for a second.  They say around 10 weeks, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I've reduced my basals yet again.  Had a scare last night.  Woke up shaky, tested and was at 35.  Definitely too low for comfort. Woke up this morning at 63, and apparently over treated as my next reading was 270!  Hopefully these changes will prevent the night time lows and keep me level.  I called in to the nurse and downloaded my pump as requested on Monday, and have not gotten any response.  I obviously can't trust these people and am going to have to manage this on my own.  They actually suggested that my perinatologist take over my diabetes care so that might be an option, though I'm not sure how much I would trust someone who is not an expert in diabetes.  The appt is on Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes.  I can't wait to see the baby again!

1 comment:

Rockabilly Gypsy said...

wow gotta love the medical care we get! NOT cool in your condition, cause there is two of you! Slap them around a bit. Or call me, I'll totally do it :-)