Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

11 Weeks

It's been a pretty good week!  We had our first peri appt on Tue and Matt got to come with me.  We got to see the heartbeat at 162 bpm and a very active baby! The tech could not get over how active baby was for being so small. We could see baby kicking and waving.  Was so cool.  I measured right at 11 weeks which put me 4 days ahead like I originally thought, but they aren't changing my due date, which is fine with me, gives bubs more time to cook.  I saw the nurse practitioner/midwife and she says they are one of the very few who do vbacs even after 2 cesareans even since ACOG lightened their regulations.  The only stipulation is that I have to go into labor on my own.  She also agreed that inducing early was not necessary and was outdated.  I'll have my nuchal translucency screening on the 21st (which means I'll get to peek at baby again!)  and have a baseline EKG and echo on the 2nd, as well as an appt with the actual peri.  All my bloodwork came back good.  I was immune to rubella and not a cystic fibrosis carrier.  Very good appt!
 I bought some maternity clothes on Sun and am going nuts trying to hold off on wearing them.  My pants are so uncomfortable, I've been wearing pajama pants all day!     I was feeling bad already having a bump thinking I'm just gaining too much weight because the uterus isn't supposed to pop above the pubic bone until 12 weeks.  Well the tech had the ultrasound wand pretty high up on my tummy and I asked did it go up that high.  She says "your uterus goes all the way up to here" just a couple inches below my bellow button.  So that made me feel better.  That's around where it would typically be for 16 weeks if I'm remembering right.  They say you show earlier with each pregnancy and I guess my body just remembered.

Blood sugars are a little better.  I reduced my basals what with running low constantly and started running high all day so increased  by .5 and have been doing better.  Still more lows than I would like, but can't adjust by more than .5 so I guess I'd rather be lower than higher.  Just got a phone call from the peri and they somehow got Tricare to approve an Endocrinologist in Savannah!  I have been trying to accomplish this for 5 years and was never able to.  That will be MUCH easier than driving to Augusta.  Good week!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I can't believe how far along you are already! It seems like just yesterday you announced your BFP!

It feels like you're catching up! lol

Cute bump too. :)

Erin said...

I'm glad you had such a great appointment! So happy for you! You're looking super cute! Love that top!