Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

14 weeks

Late this week again.  I've been sick for the last few days with a sore throat.  I was afraid I was gonna have to go to the Dr., but I think I'm finally getting better.

    We are more than 1/3 of the way done!  Baby is 3.5 inches long and weighs about an ounce and a half. The organs and skeleton are done developing, baby is just growing now.  The brain is rapidly growing and fat is building up. He or she can now squint, frown and grimace. The liver is now producing bile, and the spleen is assisting in the production of red blood cells.  Baby now has fingerprints!  I've been feeling flutters for a couple weeks now, I love that feeling.  Can't wait for the kicks!  I was lying on my tummy the other day and baby was not happy!  Also did not like the cat lying on my tummy. :)

     I had my echo cardiogram and EKG on Wed.  Both went fine and I got a pretty cool anatomy lesson of the heart.  Also had a peri visit.  I voiced my concerns about the bladder and was told (not so reassuringly) that if that is the case (blockage, kidney problem, baby can't pass urine) that they wouldn't do anything about it at this point anyway, that my ultrasound has been scheduled for Apr 4 and they will recheck then.  If it is still enlarged there are options such as draining or a shunt, but either way it's too early now.  Did not make me feel better!  Heart tones were good, in the 130's.  I measured small, 12 weeks but I had a student measuring me and I don't think he went low enough lol.  He kept blushing and acted really nervous.  I had measured myself at 14 the day before and since baby has been measuring larger than dates, I think mine was right.  They were upset I didn't have blood sugar records and gave me a sheet to fill out and were talking about changing doses.  Seriously?  After all the trouble of referring me to an endocrinologist, they want to manage my blood sugars? This should be fun.  I have another appt  next week with the actual doc and they said I could voice my concerns then, but he'll probably tell me the same thing regarding re-checking the bladder.


     Numbers have been great except the last two days when I was sick and even then not too bad.  Meeting almost all goals except after breakfast still.  Considering changing my breakfast carb ratio myself.  My next endo appt is not for a couple more weeks.


     So I attempted a new recipe this morning.  Primal Pancakes!  They weren't exactly normal tasting pancakes, but they cooked up pretty fluffy, and with lots of sugar free syrup, they were pretty decent!  I suppose after a year of no pancakes anything would taste good lol. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested thanks to Steve Cooksey who found it for me.  I cooked them just like regular pancakes.


Ingredients
  • 4 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 cup milk (almond or coconut both work)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon honey or a pinch of stevia
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • coconut oil or butter for frying 

1 comment:

P Gersch said...

Have you tried the banana almond butter pancakes? They taste a lot better than the coconut flour ones. 2 eggs, 2 bananas, melt 2 tbsp almond butter, mash it all together until you have a batter. It will make 6-8 pancakes. If you're going to have carby pancakes, they might as well taste good, right? :)