Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

18 weeks

It's been a rough week! Lots of lows. On Thursday Aidan woke me up saying he had thrown up in his bed. This continued all morning. I also felt nauseated, but took some Zofran and felt a little better. When I got up, my blood sugar was low. I treated and a couple hours later was down to 45. Kept treating, but stayed in the 40's most of the day. Then I dropped to 29. I was only able to bring it up to 45 and started panicking. Called Matt and he said he would get home as quick as he could, but he was a ways out. When he finally got home I had started vomiting and couldn't keep anything down, and was still in the 40's so we headed to the ER. By the time we got there I had risen to 85 but was still throwing up non-stop. They got me back pretty quick and I again dropped down in the 40's. They started a line and gave me some glucose and some Zofran for the nausea. At one point they had my blood sugar up to 189 so discontinued the glucose, but I dropped back in the 50's within the hour. They had given me Lortab for a horrible headache and this threw my CGM off (something to do with glucose oxidase or something or other, it makes the readings inaccurate) and they nurse and dr acted like my cgm was utterly useless and told me to throw it out. I was too out of it to realize it was the Tylenol throwing it off or I would have told them. I did get an ultrasound and everything looked good with baby. He asked if I wanted to know the sex but again Matt wasn't there, he'd taken the kids out for food, so I said no. Thereafter he referred to baby as "he" until I just stared at him and he said, "oh I mean he or she" and grinned sheepishly. They gave me juice and milk and finally I rose to 74 and they let me go. On the way home, Aidan started projectile vomiting in the back seat. Fun times! I thought my pump might have malfunctioned somehow so changed the pod out when I got home and lowered my basals. Yesterday ran low for hours again, so I guess not. I just requiring a lot less insulin than normal which is really weird for me.

So people need to start voting on the sex! Big ultrasound is on Monday and I cannot wait! I'm still leaning towards boy, but I'm not positive. Mom is sure it's a boy, and the kids each think it's the opposite (Diana says boy, Aidan says girl).

We'll find out soon! I will post a special blog Monday with the gender.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting I love reading your blogs even though half the time I don't understand what your talking about but its something I would like to learn about I'm glad you keep this blig thanks and I hope things get better

Erin said...

Hi Allison!

I hope you're doing better now! I have tried a couple of times to vote on the gender, but it won't let me for some reason. I guess at this point I'd definitely vote boy!

Talk to you soon!

Allison said...

Who are you anonymous? :) Erin, I had trouble with it as well. You have to wait forever for it to go through but it does eventually.

Rockabilly Gypsy said...

lol it wouldn't let me vote, but it's okay cause I know now :-) I tried to get Rick to bet me but he wouldn't... I was totally sure it was a boy!