Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

25 weeks

     Or 175 days!!!  Man, it feels like forever.   Baby is around 13 and a half inches long and around a lb and a half (pretty sure this one is more).  His nose, which until now has been plugged up has now cleared and he is practice breathing through it.  Capillaries are forming under his skin, and by weeks end, air sacs will develop in his lungs.
This weeks many babies start to turn head down from the breech position and I'm hoping this one follows suit!  He has been turning a lot lately from feet down to transverse to vertex and it's getting uncomfortable!  It's a very weird sensation to feel kicks and punches on both sides at the same time.

     So I went on Tuesday to visit my parents and came back today.  When I got home I discovered that Matt had put together the crib, changing table and dresser!  He even went and bought a mattress!  So sweet.  Of course I had to put the bedding in and it looks so cute!  Just gotta clear out some space now for everything.  I really like the Safari Animal theme and think I will use it for as much as possible.  Hoping I can find a cute changing pad cover to match.
I'm Starting to get excited!  Went to some yard sales and found some really cute baby clothes.  Almost bought a like new travel system (which really was a good deal) but it wasn't in the colors I want.  Yes I'm being picky picky cause I know this is my last.  I'm really into browns and greens.

     It's been a pretty uneventful week on the diabetes front.  I've had a couple night time highs but both were from me messing up.  Had Dreamfield's Pasta with chili on top and that apparently ate through the "protective coating" that keeps the carbs from digesting.  Yeah don't think we'll be eating that too often.  The other was from overtreating a low which you think I would not do by now but oh well, back on track now.  We have the fetal echo on Monday.  It is a routine test for diabetic preggos but still a little nerve wracking worrying that something might be wrong.  Aidan had a ventricular septal defect (small hole in his heart) that scared me half to death but it closed by birth.  Hoping everything is fine this time.  Matt is taking off work and going with me so that will be good.  My next peri appt is May 31 and then it starts getting fun.  I'll have a two week break during which we are heading to Mississippi to visit Grandma and Grandpa while I can still travel.  The kids are so excited.  Good week!

1 comment:

Steve Cooksey said...

"It's been a pretty uneventful week on the diabetes front. "

Great news Allison... congrats!