Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

2 weeks old.

  Wow, the last two weeks have flown by.  Adrian and I are doing great!  I'm completely exhausted, but pretty much totally back to normal which is so different than after my c-sections.   At his 4 day appointment, Adrian was 8lb10oz which they said was great, only 2oz less than his birth weight.  They also said he had a 37cm head.  That's like 14.5 inches!  He has his 2 week appointment Monday, so we'll see how much he's gained then. He's been nursing great ( though almost constantly for the last couple days).  He is also sleeping pretty well at night.  He's been waking around 2 or 3 and then around 7 so not bad at all!  He has been having really fussy periods for 2 and 3 hours during the day.  I'm thinking I have another colicky baby.  Diana and Aidan both had bad colic until 3 months or so.  Matt is really good with him though, so that has been helpful.  I actually got a good nap in today!

      For the first week or so, I had constant low blood sugars. My basals are lower than they have every been in my life. I'm taking around 16 units a day total.  I also was having issues with going low every time I nursed. Things seem to have stabilized at this point and I'm having good numbers with only a few lows.  I have started craving meat and fat again which is a relief.  I had only wanted fruit and veggies for the last part of my pregnancy.   Meat made me queasy and did not sound good at all.  I did find out at the hospital that my hemoglobin had dropped to 9.6 which makes me anemic for the first time in my life.  I've always had borderline high hemoglobin, and never worried about it, but I've always been a big meat eater.  I've been put on an iron supplement, and continue to take prenatal vitamins.  Hopefully that along with eating more meat will fix the problem.

     We had our newborn pictures done at Sears yesterday, and Adrian screamed and cried the entire time. I had taken a bottle of pumped milk and he drank that when we got there and then after crying for the first half hour, he proceeded to nurse from both sides and still continued to cry.  I have to give props to the photographer as she was very patient, and was able to get pictures in between cries. I was sad I didn't get the mommy/baby pictures I wanted, but we got some really cute pics I think.










 I'm currently 9lb above pre-pregnancy weight and am holding there.  I'm trying to decide how I want to proceed with weight loss and not affect my milk supply or my blood sugars.  I'm hoping a few more pounds come off on their own.  I've been inching back on the carbs and along with higher protein and fat, I don't think it will be too hard. 
        2 weeks post partum

No comments: