Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

6 weeks old



     Adrian is 6 weeks old!  The time is going too quickly.  He is doing great.  He is still nursing well and I weighed him a couple days ago (weighed myself with and without him) and he is 12lb2oz if my scale is accurate!  He has almost outgrown his 0-3 months clothes already.  His feet are bigger than the little sleeper feet and he can barely straighten his legs.  Big boy!  He holds his head well and even pulled himself up a couple inches (like he was trying to sit up).  He does not like tummy time, but he still loves his bath!

     I had my six weeks check up today.  Everything looks good!  I saw the midwife/np and then the dr came and talked to me as well.  They both went on about how bad of a vbac candidate I had been and how low my chances of success were.  They said I really defied the odds.

     I was starting to get really frustrated with my lack of weight loss.  I've continued to eat low carb, but had stalled out and it was suggested that I try a coffee fast.  So, for the last two days, I have eaten nothing but coffee, heavy whipping cream, coconut oil and Splenda until 3 or 4 pm and then kept my carbs under 20g.  Yesterday I made a batch of deviled eggs and today I had chicken livers cooked in bacon fat and breaded with coconut flour.  I also had some pulled pork. I cannot get over the difference.  My belly has gone down and my pants are loose!  My blood sugars have been amazing.  I've been staying between 60-90.  I would still like to lose a few more and lose the love handles, but I'm very excited about making progress.


     I've been trying out some new recipes this week and thought I'd share one.  I thought I'd try a Sausage Broccoli Chowder.  I left out the pasta and added ground beef, and it was amazing!


Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
  • 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (my family are not onion fans so I just used dried onions)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 tsp sage
  • 1/4 tsp fennel seeds


Brown the meat and set it aside.  Cook the veggies in the chicken broth and when they are tender, add the meat,  then stir in the other ingredients and let simmer.


No comments: