Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

12 weeks old


     This post will be short as I am packing up for the family to drive to Mississippi for Thanksgiving.  This will be our first long road trip with Adrian.  Hoping it goes smoothly (can wish anyway).  Adrian is finally starting to get over his illness.  We went back to the doctor on Friday because he wasn't any better and was running a low grade fever.  They said he had bronchitis and one of his ears was still inflamed.  He had to get a shot of Rocephin in each thigh.  The needles were ginormous, I wanted to cry.  They also changed his antibiotic.  He got a baby equivalent of a z-pack.  I'm so relieved he's finally getting better.  This visit he was 14lb15oz.  The doctor said he is in the 80-90th percentile for height and weight.  Big boy!

     I finally found a reasonably priced Bumbo seat!  I found a local sales group on Facebook and found one for $10.  Yay!  He looks like such a big boy in it.

     I lost another lb after plateauing, though my weight has been fluctuating.  I'm back in my 8's (jeans) so not too far to go.  I'm in between sizes in all my clothes and have nothing to wear to Adrian's baptism (which is Sunday), so guess I'm gonna have to go shopping (oh darn).

     I'm still experimenting with pumpkin recipes so here is a yummy one:

Easy Pumpkin Custard

2 eggs scrambled
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (or coconut milk if you like)
1/4 cup of pumpkin pack
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp sweetener

Combine ingredients and cook on low 5 min, stirring constantly.  

No comments: