Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

6 months old

   
     I can't believe my baby boy is 6 months old!  The time had just flown by.  Adrian is huge!  I took him last week for his 4 month checkup (yeah just a little late) and he is 19lb4oz and 27.5 in long (28 a couple weeks ago at Fort Bliss so who knows).  The pediatrician said everything looks great and he can't find anything wrong with him except the fact that he needs size 3 diapers!  We bought size 2 in bulk and haven't used them all yet.  He did very well with his shots and literally had stopped crying by the time the nurse had put the bandaids on.  The next couple days were not so great however.  Adrian was very fussy and made mommy very tired!

Drinking from his sippy cup.
      He is doing very well with solid foods.  I'm still making his baby food and we recently started meat. The other night we went to a Mexican restaurant and Adrian practically inhaled the guacamole.  I also bought a mesh feeder recently, so he has been able to try some "real" foods.  I even let him try a piece of steak in the feeder and he went nuts!  We have done butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, avocado, eggs,  beef, beef jerky, green beans, mashed potatoes, bananas, applesauce, pears, blueberries and a strawberry in the mesh feeder.  He tried an orange yesterday and thought it was wonderful.  We started the sippy cup as well.  He is still nursing great, though those night time feedings are really getting old.  I'm hoping to transition him to the crib this month.

Eating Beef Jerky
     Here's a video of Adrian in his new swing!
   
 Adrian said his first word a couple days ago!  The day before he had said what sounded like "hi" a couple times, but I blew it off as a fluke.  The next day we went grocery shopping and Adrian said "hi" to three different people.  He looked at them, smiled and said, "hi".  I looked back and Diana and Aidan's baby books and they both said "hi" at six months as well.  I thought that was pretty neat.  It was my first word at 6 months also.
     A few weeks ago I found an awesome store in El Paso.  It is called Sprout's Farmers Market and it sells natural, organic foods and products for very reasonable prices.  I have been able to find some really cool stuff there.  It's basically like Whole Foods, except smaller and less pricey.  Their produce prices are amazing.  Meat prices on the other hand-not so great.  They are higher just about everywhere than they were in Hinesville so Matt and I decided to invest in a freezer and buy meat in bulk before we lost our commissary privileges (Matt is officially out of the Army as of Feb 22.) I was so excited buying it.  Like a kid in a candy store.
Meat!
     I finally broke past my weight loss plateau. I had been stuck for a while and finally lost 2 more lb.  Only 5lb away from pre-pregnancy weight!  Blood sugars are back to normal after a few days of highs.  I ran out of sensors while our stuff was in storage, and it took a while to get back in the normal range.

   



No comments: