Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Primal Weight Loss Journey


     I've wanted a separate spot for weight loss for a while now, but I can't figure out how to do it in blogger so I'm just doing a post on it.  In January 2010 I turned 30.  I was 200lb and taking a myriad of medications.  I was miserable and hated the way I looked.  I had even contemplated plastic surgery to lose the belly I thought was just from pregnancy.  Haha.

     I decided on my birthday that I'd had enough.  I was done being fat.  I started out doing a combination of the Curves diet and another gimmicky diet I had bought online.  Soon after a friend pointed me in the direction of Steve Cooksey of www.diabetes-warrior.net .  At first I thought he was crazy, but then I realized he made perfect sense.  I didn't want to do it though!  Give up my sugar and carbs?  I had been restricted my whole life on the diabetic diet and wanted to eat what I wanted!  My hatred of being fat won over.

     Progress was slow to start.  I only lost around 5lb in a month and a half and wanted to throw in the towel, but I kept on, (with many many hours of phone calls with Steve).  I was extremely stubborn and questioned everything.  I needed to know WHY.  Show me proof.  What about this?  Why am I not losing?  Can I eat this?  I researched constantly.  After a while, food started tasting so much better.  I was never deprived or hungry and LOVED my food.  I would wake up thinking, "what do I get to eat today?"  Within 10 months I had dropped 55lb, and was able to stop all medications except my insulin, which I was able to cut in half.

     Then as you all know, I got pregnant!  I was so scared it had all been for nothing.  I continued to eat primal throughout my pregnancy and did not gain as much weight as my other two.  My husband said he literally watched my belly disappear when I was giving birth to Adrian.  I left the hospital in a size M tshirt and a pair of jeans ( a couple sizes bigger).  I didn't not even look pregnant.  Within a couple weeks I was 8lb from pre-pregnancy weight.

     It took about 8 months to lose the remaining pounds, but I finally did!  Now, I'd like to lose 10-15 more to get down to my all time low.
At Aidan's 2nd birthday.  I looked 6 months pregnant.

     Here are some pics of my progress:








Fat Rolls

Gross

Hours before Matt deployed.  


Right before Matt deployed-October 2010

March 2010



Size 10
April 2010 Size M swimsuit.

November 2010







November 2010
























4 weeks pregnant
9 months pregnant-the day before I had Adrian
4 days post partum-Size S Shirt
2 weeks post-partum

3 weeks post-partum
4 weeks post-partum


Jan 2012- 4 months post-partum

6 months post partum

7 months post partum
8 months post partum

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you look amazing!! You should be so proud!

Allison said...

Thanks Amy!

Anonymous said...

Hi if you don't mind me asking i was just wondering what your weight gain was during your pregnancy and what was bubs weight at birth? I found primal prior to getting pregnant with number 3 and am starting to think the 25-35pounds recommended weight gain for someone who starts at a healthy bmi is unnecessary.

Allison said...

I gained 29 lb and Adrian weighed 8lb12oz.

Healthy Tips said...

nice article, thanks very much

Ramiz Raza said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
Proactol Plus

Ramiz Raza said...

I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
Proactol Plus

Ramiz Raza said...

I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious...
Carmen Garner

Amber Martin said...

Wow great job! Do you mind sharing a little about what you ate on a typical day, and your exercise during a typical week?

Ahmed Afifi said...

Excellent shape ..u deserve it .. hope uou make anoyhef post with more details on how you conquer wL plateau after 1.5 months of starting and lose only only 5 lbs

Sweelish said...

Great weight loss journey! Losing weight can be done with zero exercise minutes per day. Weight loss comes down to energy balance, as long as you’re eating fewer calories than you are burning (you burn calories every second, regardless of what you’re doing), you will lose weight. Exercise is one way to manipulate this energy balance and increase the amount of calories burned.

So yes, it is certainly possible to exercise for 1 minute and lose weight.

1 minute of specific weight loss routines, is equivalent to 45 minutes of moderate exercise at the gym.

To be honest, I don't know too much more about it other than it working great for me and my wife, click here to take their 1 minute quiz: 1 Minute Weight Loss


I highly suggest you check it out if you're looking to lose your weight easily once and for all.

Good luck!

Jake
Lost 17 pounds in 3 Months