Visit Allison's profile on Pinterest. Photobucket

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

High Fat Experiment

     Last week I made a low carb cheesecake.  At the end of the day, I had gone way over on calories and my carb count was close to 20.  I almost threw it away so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more but a friend suggested  I just spend the next day eating it and eat only the cheesecake and bacon.  I did this and the next day I was down 2lb.  This past weekend I ate a lot of restaurant food (went to NM with Matt) and was up a couple lb.  I decided to repeat this "experiment".  This time with low-carb key lime pie.  The recipe which can be found here http://allrecipes.com/recipe/key-lime-pie---low-carb-version/ is as follows:


1 c ground pecans
3 tbsp melted butter
2 packets Splenda
1/2 tsp coconut extract (I used coconut oil instead)
1/2 c heavy cream
2 packets Splenda
1(6 oz) Lime flavor Jello
1/3 c boiling water
1/3 c cold water
2 packs cream cheese, cut into pieces & softened
1/2 tsp coconut extract
2 tbsp ground pecans

1) In med. bowl mix together 1 cup ground pecans, butter, 2 packets Splenda, 1/2 tsp coconut extract. Press firmly in bottom & up the sides of an 8 inch pie plate. Refrigerate until firm.2) In small bowl, whip the heavy cream w/ 2 pks Splenda until soft peaks form. Set aside.3) In a large bowl w/ high sides, mix the gelatin w/ boiling water until dissolved. Then stir in cold water. With mixer, slowly beat in cream cheese, after all is added stir in remaining 1/2 tsp coconut extract & beat at Hi speed until smooth. Carefully fold in whipped cream. Use spatula to scrape mixture into pie pan & spread around. Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp nuts on top. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow gelatin to set.



I ate the Key Lime Pie, bacon and chicken thighs yesterday.  Here is my My Fitness Pal food diary from yesterday.



I had 2208 calories, 9g of carbs, 213g of fat,  and 48g of protein.  You would think I'd gain huh?  This morning I was down 3.6 lb!  Same results twice.  I am now calling this a correction day.  Pretty cool huh?




No comments: